Selecting a fundraiser for your school can be a challenge, as there are so many options available today. Here is a list of fundraising ideas your school could consider for your next fundraising need!
- Bake sale: Parents, students and staff can contribute baked goods for a one-day sale. Children and/or parents can be invited in to buy these treats.
- Raffle: Sell tickets for the chance to win a particular prize � this could be a basket of goods, a 50/50 draw for cash, or another prize donated by the community or school.
- Gift card sales: Working with a known provider, sell gift cards for local retailers and a portion of the proceeds will go back to your fundraising efforts.
- Quiz night: Divide participants into teams (or ask them to sign up as teams). Prepare a list of questions based on a particular theme and have a volunteer “Quiz master” who can ask the questions. Sell tickets to participate and offer a prize for the winning team. fundraiser ideas for high schools
- Bingo: Organize a bingo night and participants can pay to play with an opportunity for the winners to get small prizes.
- Pancake breakfast: Sell tickets for a delicious breakfast hosted in the school gym one morning before school starts. Offer food and refreshments for a set price.
- Popcorn sales: Rent a popcorn machine and offer a special treat over lunch one day or at a school game or concert.
- Winter carnival: A team of volunteers can help to run various games and activities for students and their families to come and enjoy. Sell tickets ahead of time and create a winter-themed event. Consider selling entry tickets or having each activity valued at a certain number of tickets (i.e. hot chocolate = 1 ticket, snow bowling = 3 tickets).
- Summer carnival: Similar to a winter carnival, come up with fun outdoor activities and events that will draw in the community to buy tickets and participate. Consider selling entry tickets or having each activity valued at a certain number of tickets (i.e. balloon toss = 1 ticket, relay race = 3 tickets).
- Flower or bulb sale: Sell flowers or bulbs to school families and the community to get ready for spring.
- Halloween bake sale: Host a themed bake sale. Consider focusing on healthy treats and asking children to “pay” for the goods with pieces of Halloween candy.
- Chocolate sales: In preparation for Valentine’s Day, set up a themed chocolate sale that guarantees delivery by February 14th!
- Pizza day: Organize a special lunch and collect orders ahead of time from each classroom.
- Flea market: Promote a school-wide flea market where families can bring in items they want to sell from home, such as old books or toys. Consider having specific tables for each type of item to keep it organized with proceeds going to the school or charity.
- Craft sale: Encourage children and their parents to get creative and create crafts that the public can purchase. Consider having each classroom come up with an idea that they can contribute.
- Fun run: Organize a Fun Run or Fun Walk that the students can participate in. Encourage them to raise pledges from their families or ask for a specific donation amount (i.e. $1). Make it a fun event with music, snacks, and high energy.
- Car wash: Generate awareness around the community about a car wash hosted in the school parking lot. Offer to wash cars of parents and people driving through the neighborhood for a donation.
- Coupon book sale: Working with a well-known provider, sell books of coupons for local restaurants, stores and vendors, so that part of the proceeds are donated back to the school.
- Holiday wreaths: Help to bring some holiday spirit to students and their families by selling festive holiday wreaths in November. Wreaths could be fresh or artificial.
- Dance-a-thon: Invite students and families to partake in a dance-a-thon. They could collect pledges based on how long they stay on the dance floor! Ensure you have a good playlist of upbeat songs, and consider selling snacks and refreshments for additional cost.
Your next fundraiser is sure to be a hit if you come up with the perfect fit for your group! Best wishes for money-making success!
Article content provided by FlipGive. FlipGive is an online fundraising platform that helps people raise more money faster for their school, sports teams, club or charity. Fundraisers earn up to 40% by getting people to shop at popular retailers and brands. For more information, please visit flipgive.com.